- Biomimetic database online: asknature.org
- Software database by US Dept. of Energy: Building Energy Software Tools
- Open synthesis: toward a resilient fabric of architecture, in Log25, 2012. Alisa Andrasek
- Breaking the Curve: Big Data and Design, in Artforum Intl, February 2015. Mario Carpo
architecture in desert regions:
- Aiman Ajaj, Fausto Pugnaloni (article): Re-Thinking Traditional Arab Architecture: A Traditional Approach to Contemporary Living. IJET Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol. 6 (4): 286-289, 2014.
- Coles, A., Jackson, P., Jones, I.: How wind towers work: A study of their effectiveness in Dubai’s Bastakiya. Emirates Green Building Council (EmiratesGBC) Academy Database.
- Dabaieh, M., Wanas, O., Hegazy, M.A., Johansson, E.: Reducing cooling demands in a hot dry climate: A simulation study for non-insulated passive cool roof thermal performance in residential buildings. Energy and Buildings, Vol. 89, 15 February 2015, 142-152.
- The Extended Organism. J. Scott Turner
- The Self-Made Tapestry: Pattern Formation in Nature. Philip Ball
- Biomimetics in Architecture: Architecture of Life and Buildings. Petra Gruber
- Biomimetics for Architecture & Design: Nature – Analogies – Technology. Werner Nachtigall and Göran Pohl (Eds.)
- The Computational Beauty of Nature. Gary William Flake
- Emergence: The Connected Lives of Ants, Brains, Cities, and Software. Steven Johnson
architecture+physics / climate design:
- ClimateDesign: Solutions for Buildings That Can Do More with Less Technology. Gerhard Hausladen, Michael de Saldanha, Petra Liedl, Christina Sager
- Contingent Behaviours, in AD issue 3, 2009. Michelle Addington
- Materials Selection in Mechanical Design. 4th edition. Michael F. Ashby